Sunday 29 June 2014

Graham Lashbrooke


There are many, many abiding memories concerning Keith, but a great one that stands out is when Humphrey and I employed him to help us start our Systems Analysis courses at WS&L Training.

Whilst there is nothing to say about the undoubted superb quality of the material he put together and the aplomb with which he delivered it, the stress that I had to go through as every course started will always be with me. Every quarter I would start with 20 hopefuls and carry out the course introduction after which I was to hand over to Keith. The problem was that Keith would always arrive at the absolutely last minute, right after I had padded out the introduction to the point of total student stupefaction.

Then in he would march with no apology armed with a huge pile of transparencies that he would sort during his lecture leaving out great swathes and adding many diagrams on the whiteboard. Whilst this may sound like a lecturing disaster, for Keith it was the way things were done and the material he delivered was well received by enthralled students.

Around about lunchtime on the first day I would start to relax in the knowledge that all would go well and that the students would finally go away from the course knowing that a most knowledgeable and fluent man had improved their knowledge.

Thanks Keith, I might have aged 10 years every course you gave but you helped to make WS&L Training the success it was.
  

1 comment:

  1. I met Keith Mathieson when he was at Shell and in 2012 discussed the performance of one of many team on the Systems Analysis course. We agreed to meet and catch up but due to many changes at work and my stopping work a few months later, this did not occur. Having finally retired, I emptied my mind of work related thoughts and completely forgot. Keith, I'm sorry we didn't meet as those days were exciting times and it would have been fun reminiscing.
    Cilla Lee-Pan

    ReplyDelete