Sunday 22 June 2014

Gary Dean

Keith would remember the weekends we would spend at Jackson's Point, Lake Simcoe
every summer. We would often stay at Gerry Brown's cottage in Keswick, usually arriving well after midnight.

One night , very late, we decided to take a rowboat tied up at the Black River for a spin.
Keith, Graham, Gerry and I got in the boat and went upriver. On the way back, Keith decided
strip down and swim behind the boat. We let him swim close to the boat for a while, then we
took off fast , got to the dock well before him, grabbed his clothes and ran across the bridge to the car.  He had no choice but to get out of the water and run across the flood-lit bridge,
nude, to where we had parked the car. As he ran we could see the headlights of a car approaching him from behind and the race was on.  Keith could run fast and he made it to the car just out of range of the headlights!

     Keith is a gifted musician and I have fond memories of my late brother, Arthur, Keith and I
playing at service clubs (Rotary, Lions , Kiwanis etc.) Keith accompanied us on the piano,
by playing from full band scores transcribing to fit our Cornet duets. I never fully appreciated
his skill at the time .  My brother and I often reflected on the way "Matty" made it look so
easy !
         
Great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment